Training workshop of branch Managers National Saving Centres at Karachi.
REPORT ON TRAINING WORKSHOP OF NSC BRANCH MANAGERS AND THEIR SENIOR MANAGEMENT UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIIP OF Ms. LUBNA FARRUKH MIRZA, CHIEF COMMISSIONER INLAND REVENUE, REGIONAL TAX OFFICE-II KARACHI DATED 26/12/2013.
1. Under the instructions of Ms. Lubna Farrukh Mirza, Chief Commissioner Inland Renvenue, Training Workshop with all the branch managers of National Saving Centres was arranged in the committee Room on 26/12/2013 with the purpose create awareness among the withholding agents and to discuss and educate them on new changes introduced in law, rules and procedures and to get their feedback/views and resolving their issues/problems. The Workshop was attended by 37 branch managers of NSCs in Karachi, Director and Additional Director NSC and all the officers of withholding Zone, R.T.O-II Karachi.
2. At the outset, Mr. Muhammad Muzaffar Lashari, Commissioner Withholding Zone, RTO-II welcomed the participants in meeting and shared the purpose of meeting with a resolve that series of such type of meetings/ workshops shall be held regularly with the withholding agents with an aim to bring improvement in accessibility of officers, building confidence among prescribed persons and showing the taxpayer-friendly face of F.B.R.
3. Mr. Abdul Shakoor Shaikh, Additional Commissioner Withholding Zone and Mr. Wali Muhammad Shaikh, Deputy Commissioner Withholding Zone, gave detailed presentation on section 151 (1) (a) and relevant clauses in 2nd Schedule along detailed catharsis of data obtained from National Saving Centers for the period July-September, 2013. All the branch Managers were made abreast of their responsibilities as a withholding agent with regard to tax deduction and submission of Monthly Statements.
4. Ms. Rahmat-un-Nissa, Director Regional Directorate and Mr. Javed Shaikh, Additional Director thanked the chair for such initiative of educating the Branch Managers and assured of their all out cooperation, feedback and voluntary compliance and ensured their commitment to cooperate in implementation of new provisions in law and rules in the larger interest of national revenue.
5. Ms. Lubna Farrukh Mirza, Chief Commissioner I.R, Regional Tax Office-II had been kind to chair the workshop, responded to the queries raised by NSC management and assured them of cooperation and guidance in meeting out their legal responsibilities.