RTO Sialkot - Successful arrangement of Mega Event for Voluntary Tax Compliance Scheme (VTCS) organized by Regional Tax Office, Sialkot.
SUCCESSFUL ARRANGEMENT OF MEGA EVENT FOR VOLUNTARY TAX COMPLIANCE SCHEME (VTCS) ORGANIZED BY REGIONAL TAX OFFICE, SIALKOT.
RTO, Sialkot has arranged several meetings with various stakeholders in the jurisdiction of RTO Sialkot to apprise them of the benefits of Voluntary Tax Compliance Scheme (VTCS). Syed Imran Raza Kazami, Chief Commissioner, RTO, Sialkot visited all Mufasil areas of this RTO and met with various trader associations, Chambers of Commerce & Industry and Tax Bar Associations. News paper clippings have been sent to the Board from time to time. However, RTO Sialkot arranged a Mega Event relating to this Scheme, detail of which is given below:-
2. The mega event/awareness seminar to apprise the taxpayers of the benefits of Voluntary Tax Compliance Scheme (VTCS) was arranged in Hilton City Hall, Paris Road, Sialkot. Representatives of all Pakistan Anjuman-e-Tajran, Local Trade Bodies, General Traders, Tax Bar Associations and Chamber of Commerce & Industry under the jurisdiction of RTO Sialkot attended the meeting. The event was managed by Mr. Tahseen Sadiq Tarar, Additional CIR/Focal Person (VTCS), RTO, Sialkot. The event started at 2.30 PM and lasted till 5.00 P.M. The Chief Commissioner, RTO, Sialkot presided over the event. The proceedings were conducted by Mr. Muhammad Qamar Minhas, Assistant Commissioner Inland Revenue, RTO, Sialkot. Proceedings were started with recitation from the Holly Quran and Na’at. Welcome address was given by Mr. Sultan Muhammad Nawaz Nasir, Deputy Commissioner (H.Qs) RTO, Sialkot whereby he also gave brief over-views of the advantages of the scheme for the taxpayers. Afterwards, following participants made speeches:-
1. Mr. Naeem Mir, Secretary General, All Pakistan Anjuman-e-Tajiran (APAT).
2. Dr. Muhammad Tariq Upal, Secretary General, Markazi Anjuman-e-Tajiran, Narowal.
3. Sh. Naseer Ahmed, President District Merchant Association Gujrat.
4. Mr. Khurram Toufique Malik, President Tax Bar Association Gujrat.
5. Mian Ejaz Ahmed, President Gujrat Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
6. Mehar Ghulam Mujtaba, President Markazi Anjuman-e-Tajiran, Sialkot.
7. Mr. Abdul Qayyum, President Tax Bar Association, Sialkot.
8. Syed Ihtesham Gillani, Vice President Sialkot Chamber of Commerce, Sialkot.
All speakers demonstrated their commitment to make the scheme successful as it was considered to be of mutual interest of the department as well as taxpayers. The presidential addressed was given by the Chief Commissioner, RTO, Sialkot who not only apprised the participants of the salient features of the scheme but also offered every legal assistance/facilitation to the taxpayers. Finally, a question & answer session was held whereby queries of the participants were responded by Mr. Ahmad Shuja Khan, Commissioner Inland Revenue, RTO, Sialkot. The ceremony ended with tea/refreshment arranged by the department for the participants.